The majority of Lights Fantastic Pro Products are domestically produced in their Carrollton, Texas facility that comply with the Buy American requirements. See below for more detailed information about our Buy American Program or contact your local sales representative or our sales department.
BUY AMERICAN REQUIREMENTS
The American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA) became effective February 17, 2009, with the purpose of stimulating the American economy by preserving and creating U.S. jobs. The Act includes a strong emphasis on Buy American.
Lights Fantastic Pro has products that meet Buy American requirements. Most of our products are manufactured in the U.S. or in a country recognized by U.S. Trade Agreements.
The Buy American Act applies to most federal agencies where the contracts are not being funded by stimulus dollars. The Act requires that the U.S. government give preference to U.S. made products in its procurement processes. The government uses a two-prong test to determine compliance with these requirements:
1) Domestic material. The Government requires that the cost of a product.s components mined, produced or manufactured in the United States must exceed 50% of the cost of all of its components, unless waived as a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) product. Any of our products that are not custom qualify for this waiver; thereby, waiving the domestic component requirement.
2) Domestic manufacturing. The Government requires that the end product be domestically manufactured.
The Buy American Act was created to support sustainable programs, increase jobs and jump start economic activity, ARRA stimulus funds are also designed to inspire projects that contain long-term public benefits rater than fuel short-term spikes in the economy. Another important component of ARRA is that transparency is key, and that each taxpayer dollar is subject to the highest levels of accountability. With this unprecedented level of government initiatives Texas Fluorescents is proud to support this program with energy efficient products. Originally passed by President Herbert Hoover in 1933, the Buy America Act (BAA) was created to stimulate the economy by regulating how government agencies purchased good and services. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 has its own unique Buy American requirements with significant differences from past versions.
BAA & LIGHTS FANTASTIC PRO PRODUCTS
The ARRA of 2009 includes a number of regulations to be enforced in Federal government contracts. Among these provisions is Section 1605, entitled .Buy American.. For manufactured components, such as the lighting products Texas Fluorescents manufactures.
- There are no restrictions on the value of components and their country of origin.
- There are no restrictions on the country of origin of the steel used in making our fixtures.
TWO VERSIONS OF ‘BUY AMERICAN’
The ARRA of 2009 has two versions of Buy American requirements that can be applied for individual stimulus projects. Determining which of these versions your project must meet depends on:
- The size of the project
- Whether the goods are purchased on a construction contract (goods purchased through contractor)
- Whether the goods are purchased on a supplies contract (goods purchased directly by the government agency)
Depending on their location of manufacture, products qualify for different requirements in the BAA.
The main groups are:
Lights Fantastic Pro offers products that meet each of the three levels of requirements. It is vital that the correct, actual contract requirements are known for any given project. Refer to the Federal Acquisition Regulations clauses in the project.s prime contract to determine actual project requirements.
Contact Lights Fantastic Pro to discuss your particular project and qualifying products.